There is really not much good that I have to say about the game tonight versus the Carolina Hurricanes. The Islanders lost 6-2. Ouch. Joey MacDonald was shaky all night. Trent Hunter returned to action. For tonight's game, I was joined by Leslie of the http://leftystick.blogspot.com/ blog.
Other than that here are my observations bullet style.
- What the heck was up with Brendan Witt playing right wing on the Islanders first power play and then playing Center and taking a faceoff on their third power play? I'm very curious to hear the explanation for this move.
- Major kudos to Tim Jackman for pounding the snot out of Tim Conboy as he exited the penalty box for his goaltender interference penalty. There was no reason for him to hit JMac like that in a 5-1 game.
- Minor kudos to Mike Comrie for taking on Chad LaRose a few minutes later and showing that there is "fight" still in this team
- The Islanders two goals were scored by Mark Streit (on the power play) and Jon Sim. Yes you read that right, Jon Sim.
- See you on Saturday night for Town of Hempstead (unofficial Lighthouse rally) night.