Tuesday, February 3, 2009

No Lightning Tonight

I got home extra late tonight after the Islanders 3-1 win versus Tampa Bay. Before the game, when I removed my car keys from my main key ring, the key that unlocks my car fell off...in my car!!! I had to call my girl Trish, who not only got out of bed to come bring me my spare keys, she even quickly shoveled the walk to the door at my house. Trish rocks!!!




I'm going to make this extra short, but here are my thoughts on tonights game.


  • Under 10,000 in attendence. About ten minutes into the first period, all fans sitting in the 300 level were invited to come down to the "lower bowl" and sit in any seats that were empty. I ended up in Row A in 118. Nice upgrade. Thanks for nothing Ticketmaster!

  • The Islanders were nothing special tonight, but they really poured it on in a four minute spurt in the second period when they scored all three of their goals.

  • Kudos to Vinny Lecavalier for sticking up for his goaltender even though Tim Jackman's hit on Karri Ramo was clean. Jackman seemed to take it easy on him and I'm sure Vinny accrued extra respect in his locker room.

  • Once again, it would have been nice to see Yann Danis get a shutout, the kid has been playing great.

  • I hope Mark Streit's injury is nothing serious. He skated off right near where I was sitting and I was concerned then and still am now.

  • I saw my favorite Ice Girl Brittany in Champions, while I was hanging out by myself (looking and feeling like a loser) waiting for my girl to bring me my spare keys.

I'll be posting my story on NVMC right after this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment